Monday, December 31, 2012

SADC: The Final 2012 Drawing

Wow.

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow.

I did it.  365 drawings in 365 days.  One drawing per day for an entire  year.  Every single day.  Not a day missed.  I'm still a little in shock!  Some of them weren't the best.  Some of them weren't the most understandable.  Some of them weren't the most exciting.  But they were.

I've tried to do this challenge for three years in a row.  2010 I made it till March.  2011 I...again...made it till March.  This year, despite two hospital visits, moving, a death in the family, Comic Con, holidays, terrifying tragedies, trips out of state...I finally did it.  I made it a whole year.

I want to thank everyone for their support.  For reading my blog, commenting on the updates, offering requests, encouragement, everything.  I know a lot of my friends lurk on my blog and, although they don't say anything, your presence is appreciated.  Thank you all, so much, for taking a look.

What have I learned from this?  I guess that I have determination, willpower, devotion, dedication...that I like to draw people a lot...but I knew this.  There's so much I've learned and so much to learn.  However, I think my FAVORITE part of this challenge is how much it inspired OTHERS.  I had a number of people tell me that my taking on THIS challenge helped them take on challenges of their own.  Exercising, drawing, recording, writing, reading, etc. every single day.  Even if their challenges didn't make it as far or had a break in them or were just starting--I am so happy to be a spark for another's creative energy, no matter how long or short it goes.  The fact that I could inspire someone in any way, is incredibly powerful to me.  I am really grateful for that.

So, what's next?  I intend to keep drawing and posting...though the challenge isn't so demanding to me now.  If I miss a day, I'll miss a day, but I'll continue to keep the chain going, regardless.  I am so proud of myself for finishing this and so happy to have had the chance to do it. 

So, for me, I have drawn a very proud, successful, triumphant character celebrating the end of the Sketch-a-Day Challenge.  Thanks again, everyone, for your support.


I DID IT!!! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment