Thursday, February 17, 2011

SADC: Chimera

Chimera has the ability to switch cognizance between any two sentient beings, including himself and another. This also includes people and animals. Basically it's like those cartoons where a mad scientist switches the minds of two people and hilarity ensues. Except there's no machine. Just one guy doing it with HIS MIND all willy-nilly. Needless to say, it's quite an ability to have, especially when you're in danger.

How it relates to the name "Chimera" I'm not 100%.

I'm actually rather disappointed with this rendition of Chimera. My main goal was to make sure he didn't end up looking like The Onion. I noticed that when people had both Chimera and The Onion in their comics, the two tended to look the same. I can see why they would look the same, short fair hair of similar cut along with somewhat larger noses...it can be tough. I think I succeeded in making them not look the same, but I felt that Chimera's pose is so...uninspired. I usually thieve an idea or two from the pose in the profile or the follow-up comics, but I had a hard time gleaning something UNIQUE for this pose. So, I went with something painfully generic. I'm worried I'm just becoming stuck on different positions and it's only the 20th one! We shall see...only four more good guys then ONTO THE BADDIES! >D

Chimera's Bio

No comments:

Post a Comment